Monday, January 19, 2009

New Look at Life!

Since my MIL passed I have been thinking a lot! A whole lot about eternity! And about how I want to live my life from this point on. I thought I would share some of the things I have been thinking about.

I have decided that I NEED to put GOD #1 in my life! Yes I have claimed to do this in the past(and have honestly made an effort at it, with lots of failures), but I am really sincerely devoted now! I have never been this determined before. I am going to try to make every decision according to what I know HE wants me to do. I have been struggling with a few issues in my life lately, some of which I have to quit, some of which I need to be better at doing! (such as reading my Bible)! I would covet your prayers in this time!

I have never looked at life this way before. I have decided that there is NOTHING on this earth that is worth going to HELL over! NOTHING AT ALL! I don't care what it is that God may "ask" me to give up! I am HIS! I want to make it to HEAVEN! I have never had that ASSURED feeling before. I always thought that people who claimed that were ridiculously arrogant! But when God says something He means it. In the scripture there is a verse that states that we can KNOW we have eternal life! (I Jn 5:13) So obviously I was missing something! It's not arrogance at all to KNOW that God is right. IT'S FAITH! I believe with all my heart that we can KNOW we are saved by believing God's word, and obeying what it says! I think that before I had things in my life that were between Him and I and that was why I didn't KNOW! Things that I wouldn't give up. Things that were holding me back! Not that I was a "horrible wicked" person, just that I wasn't SOLD OUT for God! Not whole heartily devoted to HIM! I honestly believe that my life will change tremendously. I think that not only with the changes that I am going to make, there will be changes in my family life because of it and my marriage as well! GOD IS GOOD!

I think God has been working on me for a LONG time and he has given me this new outlook for a reason! I am so excited about my future in Him!! Thanks for all of you that have prayed for me in the past, and I hope you will continue to do so!

No comments: